Name the five biggest distractions from your writing.
1) Another book – I am an avid reader. I can’t get enough! Sometimes I can’t write because I‘m so curious as to what’s happening in a book I’m reading at the moment. It’s usually “just one more chapter, then I’ll get to work”.
2) Households tasks, errands – Boy, when you need to go out and buy that nail polish, you really need to just drop everything and go out and get it! And who can write with a dusty bookshelf? Time to grab a rag! That suspense scene can wait.
3) TV Show Marathon – Yes, I’ll admit it. I am addicted to the Real Housewives of New Jersey, Orange County, Beverly Hills and New York so when there’s a marathon going on you better believe that I’m watching them, reliving every dramatic moment and girl fight. Instead of those ten pages I was supposed to get done that day, guess what? I only got one and a half written. Go me!
4) Plain old writer’s block – yes, I get it. Sometimes more often than not. It’s like a massive wave that comes in. Only a matter of time before it goes out to the ocean again and I get my mojo back.
5) Good ole’ procrastination – that’s right. At times I am just lazy. I once wasted my whole summer vacation from school not reading A Farewell To Arms only to have to read it on the last day before school started. I read a Hemingway book in one day – to this day I consider that one of the greatest things I’ve ever done, sad as it is.
Carli Palmer was born and raised in New Jersey. Her first novel was entitled Down The Aisle With Bridezilla. Shore House Slumming is her second novel. Besides writing, Carli is obsessed with coffee, horror movies, and the 80’s – she can’t get enough of the decade. She is currently working on her third novel.
Come visit her on twitter – https://twitter.com/_CarliPalmer_
or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
She loves to hear from readers and fans on the eighties!